viernes, 30 de octubre de 2009

Canon EOS 7D. Too much noise...


What's a musician without an instrument? The answer is: a musician without an instrument. As simple as that. That's how I felt when I opened my DNG files in Lightroom from my brand new Canon EOS 7D. I love Canon machines. I'm a happy owner of one 5DMK2 and I wanted the 7D for backup camera for street photography. But my unit was a lemon. The noise was really visible at 200 ISO. I tested it with all my lenses and I could not believe the noise this unit produced. I returned it to my supplier and he checked it. The unit was obviously wrong. I was a little "traumatized" so I asked my money back ...

I'll wait until I'm confident again. Meanwhile I'm extremely happy with my amazing 5DMK2. This incident made me think about musicians and instruments. And I think it's fair to say that, for photographers, although many of them say they don't care about the camera, our instrument makes a big difference. And I'll go further... we establish emotional relationships with our machines in order to convey them our inner images to make them real through them.

That's why I cannot separate the images I take from the camera I use. We are co-authors. Click ;)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Nota: solo los miembros de este blog pueden publicar comentarios.